Monday, March 1, 2010

Grandboy quilts

It's happened! I've influenced my oldest child and made a quilter of her! And she likes it! I helped some but Calista mostly made these quilts by herself. Here's Timothy with his. From the look on his face, I'd say he's pleased. We made them long and narrow because soon the boys will have to share a room (Booo!) but on the bright side, they get bunkbeds (Yea!) So we made the quilts so they wouldn't hang over the sides too much therefore making it easier for them to make their beds (Yeah, right!) The quilts are not quite as long and narrow as they appear in the pictures (it must be the perspective)


This one is Gabe's with an outer space theme. I made the block near the top in the middle. The quilter (Kat LeFevre) quilted his name on it: SS Gabe


Here is Gabe under his new quilt with the back facing up.




The all-important labels.



Who knows? Maybe someday my younger daughter will quilt too! (In defense of both of these wonderful girls, they made quilts when they were young kids.)

4 comments:

ranette said...

Great quilts! I love the labels too!

Good job ladies!!

Andrea said...

I lack the patience.

Carrie P. said...

Yay! for veggie tales. My kids used to love watching them.
Yay! for your daughter too.
great labels.

Lista said...

I guess I've been bitten by the quilting bug. I'm kind of wishing I could just come over there every day and sew all day. It could be a love of quilting...or it could just be that it's soooooooo peaceful over there without my sons! :o)