Thursday, October 22, 2009

More needlework

My Grandma Few stitched this picture sometime before 1954. That year she had a stroke and was completely paralyzed on her right side and was bedridden until her passing in 1972. I reframed it in the 80's. She was a quilter, too. So the need to do something with a needle must be hereditary.
Mom did this one sometime in the 60's. It was a gift for her mom, my Grandma Few. After Grandma died, Mom got it back and she gave it to me. The embroidery work is absolutely beautiful.

3 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Those are really nice embroidery pieces. I really like the house design. They both look really good even after all those years.

Andrea said...

Do you have the horse one hanging somewhere now? I feel like its been a really long time since I've seen it.

MamaT said...

It's in the hallway upstairs.