Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Belated Easter


I've been out of town again looking in on my mother-in-law who is now in a skilled nursing facility in Missouri going through some physical rehab. Thank you for your continued prayers for her. I got back just in time for Easter. I enjoy spring decorating and my collection of mostly handmade Easter eggs. The white one above was hand painted in the Republic of Slovakia. We have friends who live there. The red one on the right was decopaged by Calista.

Another white one that is hand painted. The white and silver one on the right was also made in Slovakia and is decorated with very fine wire. The one above it is some kind of threadwork--probably crochet and also from Slovakia. The bright one is another one of Calista's handiwork. By the way, they are all real chicken eggs so they are very fragile.


Remember LEGGS panty hose? They used to come in big plastic eggs. The 2 at the base of the tree are made of LEGGS eggs.




My spring quilt--it's not my favorite but it's cheery so I hang it in the spring. I machine pieced it and hand appliqued it in 2003. I think I like the back and the label better than I like the front (see above)



2 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow! Those eggs from Slovokia are so cool!!! I really like the wire one. Those would definitely not last long here... I guess it's one of those things you can hang when you no longer have tiny hands who grab at everything. :o)

MamaT said...

Yeah, you just have to be careful, even around an "empty nest". Sunday, when we had to hide eggs inside, Gabe presented me with a really pretty egg he had found. It turned out to be one of the "special" ones. Thankfully, it's still intact!