Friday, April 16, 2010

I've Been Gone

We've been gone for more than a week--first in Dallas and then in New Orleans. Tim had business to do in Dallas, so I spent a day lounging around the hotel (getting a massage and a facial) and working on little "quilty" things. Then we headed to New Orleans for the AAPG (American Association of Petroleum Geologists) Convention. Although Tim was "working" most of the time, we managed to get some time together and to eat our way through the French Quarter. We lived in the New Orleans area from 1981-1988 so we were really looking forward to some good food.
Here we are on our way back home yesterday (thus, the untamed hair). We stopped in Natcheze, Mississippi to see the old homes and enjoy the flowers in bloom. The azaleas were at their peek.

I just love the color of the houses in the French Quarter. We ate, and ate, and ate.....Etc. But we also walked A LOT so hopefully the scales won't surprise me too much. I dread stepping on!

There were Mardi Gras "heads" all over the convention center. They're getting ready to move the place where they build the floats close to the convention center.





All in all, we had a great time and I managed to sneak in visits to 3 quilt shops. One of them was going out of business so there was a big sale! (FUN)
We got home at 2 a.m. this morning --just in time for me to rest up a tiny bit and hit the road again tomorrow. Leslie and I are the tour guides for a group of 50 going on a bus to Oklahoma City and Guthrie for a shop hop tomorrow. Then next week our stitch group goes to Grand Lake for a three day "sew-in". Busy times. I've missed ya'll!

2 comments:

ranette said...

Hey Teresa...you and Tim are both looking good!!! Glad you had fun and the Azaleas are wonderful. Looking forward to coming over to your quilt show, hopefully!

Carrie P. said...

Looks like you had a mini vacation. I have never been to New Orleans even though I have been to LA.
Have a fun safe trip.