Wednesday, December 2, 2009

UFO's

I've been busy finishing up some UFO's (Unfinished Objects). Green Country Quilter's Guild had a contest and I just can't resist a contest. Starting in June we were to finish up as many projects as we could before the November meeting. I finished a total of 12 and came in 2nd at the night meeting. The winner had finished 13. This one just needed a binding, but it had sat unbound for several years.


I really didn't mean to post 3 pictures of this little quilt, but it happened and I don't know how to "unhappen" it, so you get to see it three times.

The middle part is colored with crayons. Then it's embellished with yarn (I may have gotten a little bit carried away with the yarn). I used the fancy stitches on my machine for the "crazy" part. Then the outer border is embellished with a lot of buttons. It was fun to make.


It will go into the auction at next year's quilt show. It's in June.




The one on the left started as just a few hexagons that I had left over from another project. Then it was going to be a bell pull. I still call it that, it's just a little bit wide for a bell pull.

The purse is just one of many I've started or have bought a pattern and intend to start.




Add Image

1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

Congratulations! on getting all those projects done. I know that feels good.