Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Road Trip

Friday, Leslie and I decided to take a road trip. We left early and stopped first at Mila's Quilt Shop in Cushing, OK. This is NOT Mila's: For some reason, my pictures always post backwards from the way I enter them. The above picture is the last shop we stopped at (Reddick's Country Store) in Mannford, OK.



After Mila's we went to Guthrie (Oklahoma's FIRST capital) and visited a shop there.



The high point of the trip (besides being with Leslie all day) was meeting my new friend Ranette
She and I have been following each others blogs for a couple of months or so. She has been a real support for me during the passing of both my moms. So finally we got to meet in person at the Quilting Post in Stillwater, OK.

Ranette's daughter Kara came along, too. What a sweetie! And an OSU quilter (oh, and student). Kara and Ranette are also pictured with the new owner of the Quilting Post (I'm sorry, I forgot her name, but she was really nice) and the previous owner, Darlene. And of course, Leslie.
We also visited another shop in Stillwater, had some fabulous frozen custard and made our way home by way of Mannford. We visited 5 shops in all. It was a great day!




And yes, we bought a few pieces of fabric.



4 comments:

ranette said...

I didn't know there was a quilt shop in Mannford...I need to get out more...lol

I loved meeting you and Leslie and am excited to get together again very soon!

Oh and Terri Gibbs is the new owner of the Quilting Post!

Andrea said...

You bought fabric? I just can't believe it!

oknonnie said...

Shhh no one is supposed to know about the f-a-b-r-i-c- Oh well the cat is out of the bag! Yes, we love fabric!!

Rose Marie said...

I just found your blog and have been enjoying reading it.

You mentioned that you are having problems with loading your photos. When you browze and select your photos, always start with the one you want to be last on your post, and then the second last, and then your third last and so on. Then when you upload all those photos, they will appear on your blog in the correct order that you want them to be.