Thursday, September 17, 2009

Iris wallhanging

I finally finished this little wall hanging that I started over a year ago. Lavena taught a class at the Cotton Patch which included some painting. I used paint sticks on the vase and acrylic paints to add details to the irises and the tiger lilies. That was the easy part. Then I took it home and machine appliqued all the little pieces. It took FOREVER! I added piping around the white background. The border is an iris print that I found in my stash. I was having a little bit of trouble with my sewing machine so I decided to have Carol Furgason quilt it for me. She did a good job. I'm very pleased with how it all came out. I'm entering it in the Tulsa State Fair so it goes away on Saturday. I won't see it again until after the fair starts on Oct. 1. It's our family tradition to go on opening night to see if any of my quilts won ribbons. This year Tim will be in the hospital recovering from hip replacement surgery on opening night. Any volunteers for Tim-sitting? (I'm just giving him material for his annual Christmas letter. He makes up stuff about me anyway, so I might as well leave him lying in the hospital while I go to the fair so he'll have something to write about, right?

3 comments:

ranette said...

Oh my gosh Teresa....this quilt is beautiful. It's sure to win a ribbon or maybe two!

Keep me posted on your husband's progress and I'll be praying for him (and you!)

Anonymous said...

I volunteer David N, he doesn't like to go the fair, and I love to go!! He wanted to be with Tim when he woke up so he could record all the funny things he says~

MamaT said...

All right!!! I have a taker! But I also want to know what he says while he's drugged.