Saturday, May 4, 2013

UFO'S and What I've Been Up To!

After Leslie and I spent 4 days in Paducah plus 2 days on the road, I've had a hard time getting back "down to earth" in the everyday world. I spent one day catching up on laundry, another day with my stitch group, another day running errands....well, you get the picture.

So four days at home and I'm on the go again. This time headed to Missouri for my "All School Reunion" hoping to reunite with quite a few of my class (which only had 39 in it). It's the 40th anniversary since our graduation from high school!

I'm also "knee deep" in quiltS for the new baby granddaughter Nola Fay and hoping to get at least one done before the first shower on June 23...or at least before she's born in August!

The picture of the strips hanging on my closet curtain I started over a year ago and really didn't like the way it was turning out. So I took all the strips down and started cutting them up and adding some appliqué. Maybe I'll get it done this month.

I'm also working on the nursery quilt. I'm hand appliquéing it. The picture is the pattern by Bunny Hill Designs. I bought enough pink and grey fabric in Paducah to make 7 of these quilts! I have two blocks done, one being the little shoes pictured.

Also, I took the black and red table runner to Kat for her to quilt for me and I hope to get it back and finished. So does that count as a UFO for this month because it was a UFO for last month, too!

I'll link up to Carrie's blog and "register" these UFO's. you can see the others at:
Www.apassionforapplique.blogspot.com

I apologize for not posting pictures of the quilt show in Paducah but it's forbidden without permission from the quilt owners and AQS. So sorry! They were stunning!








2 comments:

dianne said...

aaaaaaaawwwwwww!!! look at her little baby tummy!!!

Carrie P. said...

great projects for this month. Love the baby quilt.
Have fun at your reunion.