Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Quilt of Valor

This is a quilt that my stitch group made as a round robin. We started it about a year ago. It was a lot of fun seeing it change as it went from person to person. I started it with the appliqué in the middle and Emma finished it by putting on the binding. Right now it's with June who is making a label for it. Coleen, Judy and Leslie also worked on it.

Kat LeFevre quilted it for us and as usual, did a great job! Thanks Kat!

The quilt will go to a veteran as part of the Quilts of Valor program. If you don't know about this program, you should google it and read all about it. (And then get busy and make a quilt for one of those who defends our freedom!)

2 comments:

l.wilks11 said...

That quilt is amazing. I am making an American Friendship quilt, Nearly finished, only 6 more squares to make before i piece it together......xx

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the picture. I think many people would have the same feeling as me towerd thepiatures. Thought the passage is a litter bit of shore, the photos can make up for it. Thank you for me to have chance to read them. Now I want to post my favouit goods: freshwater pearl and freshwater pearl bracelet in your post. Thank you again.