Tuesday, April 19, 2011

More applique and More on Aaron

This is the latest applique I've completed (some weeks ago).  Now I'm busy with some other things and can't seem to get back at this quilt.  It's not that I'm not wanting to. 

Here's the first shot of all the ones I have done so far.  I'm thinking I like them.

And here's my zany son Aaron.  Still here.  Still waiting to serve his country in the United States Marine Corps.
Now "they're"  saying his date to leave will be 2-3 months.  He's discouraged.  We're all on an emotional roller coaster.
So you praying friends out there can pray for him that he'll stay encouraged and ready to go. In the meantime, he's starting a temporary job tomorrow.  It will help him stay busy.  Prayers already answered. 

6 comments:

ranette said...

I have been and will continue to pray for you all and Aaron. Remember, God's timing is perfect timing.

Love the applique! The Bliss white on white dot is one of my favorite fabrics right now and I've used it several times lately.

Brooke said...

Love the way the colors pop on that great white background! Very lovely!

Amy said...

Your aaplique is so beautiful! I can't wait to see it all finished!!!

Karen said...

What a vibrant looking quilt - love the colors. So glad your son has found work to help pass the time until he can serve.

dianne said...

i love that boy! i mean "man" - i love that MAN!

Carrie P. said...

Love your sampler quilt so far. Great idea just to use a few colors. Love it.
I am teaching that quilt at shop and will be posting some my students blocks later today. come by and see them when you have a minute.
Praying for your son.