Friday, May 7, 2010

All Things Quilty

Since I finished the "feeder, ender" (or strings, or whatever you want to call them) quilt in the bright colors (or at least I finished the top), I decided to start another--this time in Civil War Fabrics. I already have 14 of them done.
Excitement!! My friend Donna (the quilter) called this afternoon to tell me she had my quilt done. I didn't waste any time meeting her on a parking lot to pick it up. My husband laughs at these quilt deals. We've been known to meet at Wal-Mart parking lots, Quick Trip (gas station), church, etc--you name it. He thinks one day he'll hear on the 6 o'clock news that a quilt deal went bad on a parking lot which resulted in someone being shot. (He has a vivid imagination!)
So here's a sneak peek of what she did. I'll admit that the pictures aren't too good, but I don't want to show you too much until I've put the binding on. It's SOOOO beautiful!


And here's another sneak peek. This is baby Wesley's quilt to be. My daughter Calista and I are working on it together and hoping that he doesn't make a surprise early entrance so we can get everything done for his room. He's due July 1, but lately Calista has been having some bothersome contractions. For now, the doctor says all is well.





No comments: