Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Springtime in OK



Even though most people think that Okalhoma is a wild place with dust blowing everywhere and a tornado at least every other day, it truly is a beautiful place to live.  At least it is here in the Northeastern part of the state known as "Green Country".  This spring has been especially green because we're getting "normal" rainfall after three or four years of very low rainfall.  In fact, last week we got 7 inches of rain!  That's more than we've had all summer long in some recent years.

Peonies that I dug up from my mom's yard several years ago.

Creeping Phlox and a very cute little Easter Bunny!


The double peonies which just finished blooming.  The smell is heavenly!


Irises in my mom's front yard in MO.  My niece was sweet and sent me this picture for Mother's Day.  I have starts of these flowers but mine didn't bloom much this year.


One of my mom's violets.  This is the first time it has bloomed since she passed away in 2009.




By now you've probably guessed that my favorite flowers are the pink/purple ones.  Strange, because my favorite color is red.

Well, it's raining again.  Hopefully, there will be no tornadoes.  I've never seen one and I don't want to start now!


4 comments:

barbara woods said...

praying you never do, me either

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

So beautiful, the rain washed my mulch and top soil out if my flowerbeds. I need about 20 bags of mulch.

dianne said...

she has to be the CUTEST easter bunny EVER!!!

your flowers are lovely! the irises are blooming here already - before the peonies - which is about three weeks early ... i don't have any flowers from my mom's yard - she gave starts to my brother, but he's moved five or six times since then ... she had lots of violets and i can't get them (or lily of the valley) to grow at all ... i do have some of her house plants - she was always giving a good home to wayward plants and they'd grow like Bruce Banner changing into the Hulk ... she was so tenderhearted when it came to the Green Nation - she'd nurse even the ugliest ones back to health...

sigh...

Carrie P. said...

the peonies outside your porch are so pretty. Oh, your granddaughter is adorable.