Monday, February 16, 2015

Snow Day

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved snow days!  The best part is waking up to the absolute silence. No cars, no noise just the silence of a cold, snowy morning.  Even though I now longer look forward to school being canceled, I still like to "do what I want to do" on a snow day.  And what I like to do is sew!   And eat.  So I made chocolate chip cookies, chicken noodle soup and I sewed.  And ate.  



I've been working on these baskets.


And I added some other blocks.


Today I got 4 of the rows put together.  Because the basket blocks are all random sizes I had to do a bit of thinking to get all the rows to come out the same width.  I threw in a few "fillers".  Maybe tomorrow I'll get it finished and have a picture to show.


2 comments:

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

I love your baskets, reminds me of Gwen Marston. I love all the great fabrics and colors.

Karen said...

What a great quilt!! The colors are wonderful.