Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Quilters' Retreat

This past weekend I went on a quilters' retreat.  Ten of us gathered at the Bluebird Lane Retreat Center which is only about 30 minutes from my house.  I had never been there before, but believe me, I will go back!  The place was wonderful!  All the food AND SNACKS were provided along with a very comfy place to sleep.  The spacious work area was great, too!  Each quilter had a 6 foot table with a rolling leather chair and an Ott light.  We didn't even have to take our own irons, ironing boards or cutting boards!


I finished my table runner and coasters while I was there.  Here they are on my table at home.


I also worked on these two UFO's.  The big one will be for my bed, but it has a ways to go.



3 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Fun! I love your table runner. It looks great on your table.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Lovely quilts. Someday I would love to go on a retreat.

dianne said...

i haven't been on a retreat in YEARS, and when i did go on one, it was cross stitch (waaaay before i learned how to quilt) ... i just might have to book a weekend "away" for Melissa and me - even if we stay right here!

looks like you had a great time!!!