Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tulsa State Fair Entries

Next week the Tulsa State Fair begins.  Since 1998 I've been entering quilts in the fair.  This year I didn't really have one ready and thought about skipping it this year.  But then I looked up on my design wall and saw this lonely top that had been hanging there at least a couple of years waiting for completion.  I had half of the machine applique already done so I pulled it down and finished that, added the borders and took it to Kat LeFevre to quilt.  Don't know why I waited so long to finish it 'cause I REALLY like it!  And Kat did a great job on the quilting!  So it's been delivered to the fairgrounds (minus my husband's feet) and I'll see it there next Thursday.

I also entered this little table mat.  I've shown it on this blog before.  It was entered in the Green Country Quilters' Guild Show in June (no prize).  I quilted this one on my Phaff machine.   

My daughter Calista has 8 entries in the fair--all having to do with knitting and hand spun yarn.  Last year she won a major prize so we're anxious to see what happens this year.  Good luck to her and all her knitting buddies who entered!

2 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Lovely quilts and congrats on your ribbons. The kids are cute.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the picture. I think many people would have the same feeling as me towerd thepiatures. Thought the passage is a litter bit of shore, the photos can make up for it. Thank you for me to have chance to read them. Now I want to post my favouit goods: freshwater pearl and freshwater pearl bracelet in your post. Thank you again.