Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Road Trip and more

My stitch group took a little road trip "shop hop" a couple of weeks ago.  We met at Coleen's for coffee and yummies, then loaded up and headed for Beggs, OK.  Only a half an hour away but there is a shop there that most of us had not been to before.  Grannie Annie's.  It was cute and chocked full of fabric.

Here are the 6 of us who got to go:  Emma, Leslie, Coleen, June, ME, and Donna


I liked this flannel quilt (hand quilted with big stitches).  It was SOOO soft.
We made a stop in Winchester where my oldest daughter lives so the group could see the property.  Wesley was happy to have company and modeled one of the hats his mother was making.


Calista has been very busy using up her yarn scraps:



This is part of the huge patch of irises on the property.  Unfortunately, you can't see very many of them.  Every time Calista visits she brings me a boquet.
We had lunch near Keifer, OK and then went to Leonard, Ok where we visited the Log Cabin Quilt Shop.  Dianna always has lots of new stuff for us to see there.



Donna had to leave for a doctor's appointment so we continued without her (we're not mean, we just have to shop!)
The last stop was Quilt Styles in Glenpool, OK (the place that made Tulsa famous) and then back to Coleen's.  It was a great day!



Look what I found growing in my little iris patch.  It's a Wesley!


And just so you'll know that I've been busy, I finished this:


It's 17.5" square.

Close-up of the quilting.  The background around the leaves and vine is finely stippled.  I plan to enter this in my guild's upcoming show June 8 and 9. 

Until next time....

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a wonderful thing to find in your iris patch!!! Beautiful pictures!

Carrie P. said...

Looks like a fun time. Cute little bud in the flower bed. lol
Great quilt.

Susan said...

Wesley is an adorable little one. I wish I would find something like that in my flower bed instead of weeds! Shop hopping with friends is the best! Glad you better

Anonymous said...

Work well done and beautiful

osias said...

wow...what a nice blog:Đ