Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Stitch Group


My birthday was stretched out over many days this year. Even tonight I received another very nice gift from a friend. Last Thursday I celebrated with my stitch group as we got together and sewed all day at Emma's house. Leslie made my favorite cake (Red Velvet). We decided to bring "orphan" blocks to see what we could put together for a benevolence quilt. I had 4 blocks like this left over from a quilt I made years ago.

June had several hexagon flowers and Leslie had this beautiful batik block that she didn't need.
Emma had lots of fabric in her stash to add.
Here's what we came up with:


Isn't it pretty? It will go to Hearts and Hands for someone who needs a quilt. (it's a group within our guild)




Here are 7 of us (Coleen and Louise were absent) Front row: Emma, Loretta and June.

Back Row: Leslie, Judy, Donna and Yours Truly.



2 comments:

Carrie P. said...

What a great quilt you all came up with. It is fun to hang out with ladies who love to quilt.

~L.Hernandez said...

I LOVE the colors in this quilt! you would have thought a lot of thinking went into it to get the coordinated colors.